Monday, April 07, 2008

Errors will happen...



I bought a used [Korean] DVD of a Hungarian film called The Red and The White by Miklós Jancsó . Or so I thought. But when I popped the DVD into the player I found the movie that was burned onto the disc was not the beautiful 2.35:1 widescreen black and white film from 1967 but instead a full-framed color French film called Le Rouge et le noir made in 1954 by Claude Autant-Lara.
So far as I can tell, via a Google search, no one has reported this issue and yet the DVD is for sale at premiererent.co.kr; There are some copies available on Ebay as well although I am not sure the Ebay copies are the exact same.
Anyway, should you want to buy The Red and The White please note this Korean DVD error and instead buy it from Kino or elsewhere. It's a great movie.

No comments: